- Sizzle reel has Sports, Battlefield, Sims, Anthem, Star Wars, and Esports footage.
- They decided to use a holographic AR system to show off their games.
- Andrea Rene opened the show, she emphasized that a lot of people would be playing games at the show.
- Oskar Gabrielson and Lars came on to talk about the gameplay customizations and innovations being done for the multiplayer.
- Dive and smash thru windows, moveable weapon emplacements, more destructible environments, customize everything.
- War Stories is back for the single player.
- No loot boxes or premium passes confirmed and that daily content would be made.
- They confirmed Battle Royale mode and got BOO’d live on stage, which was hilarious.
- Ground Operations mode was featured and then they moved on a cinematic trailer, followed up by a tease for a story that would be revealed at the Microsoft press conference.
- A theatrical trailer was then shown for FIFA showing a famous footballer that I don’t know
- Aaron McHardy hosted along with Lena to talk about the game while standing next to a bigass UEFA trophy.
- It was announced that the story mode would pursue this cup and that as per usual, many new modes and features were added.
- World cup mode confirmed as always.
- They made a joke about England fans.
- They announced that you could play the full game experience as a trial mode for free RIGHT NOW.
- EA’s CEO Andrew Wilson showed up to talk about the game some more.
- Wilson then showed off a project being worked on where you could stream EA games to practically any device using cloud computing technology.
- Origin Access Premier: a new service was announced that appears to give you all the EA games as they come out, along with Vault access, launching later this summer.
- A sizzle reel was shown off to advertise the new service.
Jedi: Fallen Order
- Andrea showed up again, standing next to Vince Zampella from Respawn Entertainment.
- He introduced Jedi: Fallen Order.
- He was interviewed about the game but was constantly being very vague about it, except that it takes place between films 3-4.
- He announced for Holiday of 2019.
Star Wars Battlefield II
- Apologies were had with SWBF2’s disastrous launch with Dennis Brannvall.
- Ewok Hunt was featured along with Han Solo DLC based on the film.
- A new overhaul along with a new squad system and new starfighter mode were discussed, along with a multiplayer sandbox experience.
- New content will include the beloved Clone Wars battles.
- General Grievous and Obi-Wan Kenobi were introduced as new heroes along with Count Dooku and Anakin Skywalker.
- He also said a new map would be the largest ever.
- Unraveled came back with a brand new trailer featuring little Yarnie getting lost at sea and losing his string. But that’s okay because he meets a blue buddy.
- The lead dev came on to talk about it, speaking of optimism and togetherness, and that the game would have a major co-op focus.
- A player game on stage for a “live” demo of the experience, this is the first time actual gameplay was shown. It may have actually been live because they messed up the footage for a few seconds.
- Yarny gets chased by a chicken, and the gameplay showed that the two characters can fuse for fast sections.
- Editor’s Note: This is the only trailer worth watching so far since you see actual gameplay and it looks like a remarkably improved experience and the specialized co-op games are becoming a new niche
- The section was bookended with another story trailer that also showcased real game footage.
- Oh… and it’s out today, the 9th of June. And somebody in the audience screamed, “oh my god.” That was fun.
- They also talked about A Way Out afterward, which was fitting.
Sea of Solitude
- A new indie game was shown off from Jo-Mei games, featuring another super shy indie dev geeking out at being on stage.
- She talked about the theme of loneliness while discussing the mood of the game. The main character has turned into a monster and is trying to become human again.
- The gameplay footage features a flooded world that you traverse by foot and by boat, featuring platforming and running, but not much else was shown.
NBA LIVE 19
- NBA came out with a trailer focusing on the story campaign that features a ton of character customization.
- Madden was actually shown off in the context of Kevin, an Esports champion of Madden with footage from several championships. He came on to talk about the game and a pro came on with him.
- Madden 19 trailer came on. I can confirm it featured football.
Command and Conquer Rivals
- A real-time strategy game where you have to launch a missile or something had a “live” match on the set before they announced the title of the game.
- This is a touchscreen-based mobile game.
- The pre-alpha can be played by Android owners starting now.
- Afterward, a cinematic trailer was played, looking way more interesting than the actual game.
- Andrew Wilson came on again and rambled about stuff that was basically a thinly veiled apology for all the dumb stuff that EA did last year.
- They paired up with a few advocate groups.
- Anthem came on with an in-engine cinematic trailer, it was rather decent and made a lot of it look awfully cool.
- Andrea came back on also, Casey Hudson, Mark Darrah and from the development team.
- They all sat on chairs and turned the event into a question and answer session. Gameplay was shown as they talked about the game.
- They emphasized that the game has a single player story focus with a ton of co-op features and that it’s not really designed to be an MMO.
- Namedrop, the catalyst of the goings on in the planet is called the “Anthem of Creation”, and that it’s a bit of a post-apocalyptic world that has been ravaged by changes in wildlife and weather.
- The world is constantly changing, where the game’s world and lore can change between gameplay sessions.
- You are a mercenary that fights using the Exo suits called Javelins, you will fight an enemy faction trying to weaponize the monsters.
- Four classes were introduced, the ranger, colossus, interceptor, and storm.
- They talked about customization and said that the suits were fully customizable.
- No loot boxes or advantage microtransactions, but cosmetic microtransactions were confirmed.
- Teamwork is necessary for some missions and the multiplayer is built around fusing the experience with multi without interrupting the single-player experience.
- A long gameplay demo was shown afterward and is easily worth watching. Fake microphone chatter was NOT employed. They showed an amended version of the full trailer.
- February 22, 2019, was the release date for all platforms except Switch.
End of Showcase
- After the show they recapped themselves, hey that’s my job!
- They were going to start a live FIFA game tournament directly after, and then ending sizzle reel rolled.
TAKEAWAY: Anthem looks like the best Iron Man game we will ever get. I am absolutely non-excited for anything else. What did you like in the show? DROP THOSE COMMENTS IN.