The Last of Us Part 2 now has my attention, here’s why. (No Spoilers)
In case you’ve been living under a rock, there’s been a lot of noise surrounding Naughty Dog, LLC ‘s much anticipated game, “The Last of Us Part II”. Huge swaths of the game were leaked. Not just text, entire cutscenes including major turning points were all left out to bare. If you look hard enough you can probably still find them but the developer has been working extensively to shut the leaks down anywhere they pop up.
People are not happy with this, to say the least. I can’t take sides on the various different expressions on how people are displeased, but there’s a lot to unpack. And I hate saying “there’s a lot to unpack”. People are displeased with the new characterizations of certain… characters. New characters introduced are considerably controversial to say the least. Plot directions can be dumbfounding in some cases. And then there’s the very weird decision to point out “killing dogs” being a game feature.
Either way, everyone is angry. Almost everyone. Preorders cancelled, gamer “boycotts”, and the like. Fans are mad. I’m not though. See, I wasn’t that big of a fan of the series to begin with. Sure, the graphics, cinematics, and script of the game were stellar, but as an overall package with the gameplay it had, it didn’t linger in my head too loo long after finishing it. 7/10. Come @ me.
But now that everyone HATES the turning point that has occurred.
I now am actually more curious about the game. I’ve seen most of the spoilers to be seen, and it’s left me stroking my neckbeard. It’s very clear that the developer wants this game to be very edgy and make you feel bad about yourself. Spec Ops: The Line did this but executed in in a spectacular manner.
This leak also seems to have prompted a release date sooner than anticipated, in June. Now let’s see.
- –Are they dedicated in ruining their fans appreciation of the series?
- –Will they be deadset on being edgy and “mature”?
- –They are 100% on board with going with some of the decisions they’ve made?
I wanna see it thru. Do it. Release the game. I wanna see just how “bad” it is, just how “edgy” it is, just how “screw you” it is. The leaks only released nuggets of the game but are still not the whole package. But spoilers can excite me sometimes, because I want to see the execution. This is the case for the upcoming game.I now have to see what it is they’ve done.
Not for full price though, forget that. Come @ me in the comments if you think I shouldn’t play it at all. Please try not to put the exact spoilers in your comments, thank you.
Hate reading? The audio version can be found HERE.
Posted in Articles Tagged with: drama, exclusive, last of us, last of us part 2, naughty dog, opinion, playstation, playstation 4, ps4, Sony
- The show started off in a big church/tent with Shawn Layden talking about the company and making some jokes.
- Gustavo Hunter opened with yet another musical performance on Banjo. He just sat there and played while nothing game related happened.
Last of Us Part II
- Finally, Sony showed off. The tent they were in was a perfect recreation of the opening scene for their in-game cutscene video.
- A jaw-dropping gameplay demo ensued after a very romantic cutscene.
- The gameplay demo was long, brutal, savage, and featured all of the staple gameplay from the series and more.
- The PlayStation showcase title dropped after the demo and the show went to a panel show located separately.
- It was explained that the audience for the PlayStation Experience would be going to a different venue.
Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII
- A quick trailer came on showcasing the preorder for the game with old maps remastered.
Some Game Teasers Delivered Rapid Fire
- They recapped a bunch of games already announced.
- A teaser for the Forsaken expansion was shown.
- September 4th for PS4
Ghost of Tsushima
- We were treated to another musical performance on an old Japanese instrument.
- A gameplay demo was shown after, finally revealing the type of game.
- It resembled games like the Witcher 3 and the recent God of War.
- The game was gorgeous.
- The new game by Remedy was revealed in a gameplay trailer.
Resident Evil 2
- It’s not a remaster but a genuine top-down remake of the game.
- January 25, 2019
Trevor Saves the Universe
- A teaser was shown from the Rick and Morty team that resembled the show a lot.
Kingdom Hearts 3
- We finally got a new trailer that showed us even more gameplay and locations.
- They also showed there was a complete package for PS4 featuring all the prior main entries.
- Death Stranding finally had its big gameplay montage.
- It still defies explanation.
- A short teaser was shown.
- A new in-game trailer with gameplay and cutscenes was shown.
- Montage of all games covered.
Posted in Articles Tagged with: last of us, last of us part 2, Last of Us Part II, playstation, playstation 4, PS plus, ps pro, ps4, so, Sony