- Sizzle reel has Sports, Battlefield, Sims, Anthem, Star Wars, and Esports footage.
- They decided to use a holographic AR system to show off their games.
- Andrea Rene opened the show, she emphasized that a lot of people would be playing games at the show.
- Oskar Gabrielson and Lars came on to talk about the gameplay customizations and innovations being done for the multiplayer.
- Dive and smash thru windows, moveable weapon emplacements, more destructible environments, customize everything.
- War Stories is back for the single player.
- No loot boxes or premium passes confirmed and that daily content would be made.
- They confirmed Battle Royale mode and got BOO’d live on stage, which was hilarious.
- Ground Operations mode was featured and then they moved on a cinematic trailer, followed up by a tease for a story that would be revealed at the Microsoft press conference.
- A theatrical trailer was then shown for FIFA showing a famous footballer that I don’t know
- Aaron McHardy hosted along with Lena to talk about the game while standing next to a bigass UEFA trophy.
- It was announced that the story mode would pursue this cup and that as per usual, many new modes and features were added.
- World cup mode confirmed as always.
- They made a joke about England fans.
- They announced that you could play the full game experience as a trial mode for free RIGHT NOW.
- EA’s CEO Andrew Wilson showed up to talk about the game some more.
- Wilson then showed off a project being worked on where you could stream EA games to practically any device using cloud computing technology.
- Origin Access Premier: a new service was announced that appears to give you all the EA games as they come out, along with Vault access, launching later this summer.
- A sizzle reel was shown off to advertise the new service.
Jedi: Fallen Order
- Andrea showed up again, standing next to Vince Zampella from Respawn Entertainment.
- He introduced Jedi: Fallen Order.
- He was interviewed about the game but was constantly being very vague about it, except that it takes place between films 3-4.
- He announced for Holiday of 2019.
Star Wars Battlefield II
- Apologies were had with SWBF2’s disastrous launch with Dennis Brannvall.
- Ewok Hunt was featured along with Han Solo DLC based on the film.
- A new overhaul along with a new squad system and new starfighter mode were discussed, along with a multiplayer sandbox experience.
- New content will include the beloved Clone Wars battles.
- General Grievous and Obi-Wan Kenobi were introduced as new heroes along with Count Dooku and Anakin Skywalker.
- He also said a new map would be the largest ever.
- Unraveled came back with a brand new trailer featuring little Yarnie getting lost at sea and losing his string. But that’s okay because he meets a blue buddy.
- The lead dev came on to talk about it, speaking of optimism and togetherness, and that the game would have a major co-op focus.
- A player game on stage for a “live” demo of the experience, this is the first time actual gameplay was shown. It may have actually been live because they messed up the footage for a few seconds.
- Yarny gets chased by a chicken, and the gameplay showed that the two characters can fuse for fast sections.
- Editor’s Note: This is the only trailer worth watching so far since you see actual gameplay and it looks like a remarkably improved experience and the specialized co-op games are becoming a new niche
- The section was bookended with another story trailer that also showcased real game footage.
- Oh… and it’s out today, the 9th of June. And somebody in the audience screamed, “oh my god.” That was fun.
- They also talked about A Way Out afterward, which was fitting.
Sea of Solitude
- A new indie game was shown off from Jo-Mei games, featuring another super shy indie dev geeking out at being on stage.
- She talked about the theme of loneliness while discussing the mood of the game. The main character has turned into a monster and is trying to become human again.
- The gameplay footage features a flooded world that you traverse by foot and by boat, featuring platforming and running, but not much else was shown.
NBA LIVE 19
- NBA came out with a trailer focusing on the story campaign that features a ton of character customization.
- Madden was actually shown off in the context of Kevin, an Esports champion of Madden with footage from several championships. He came on to talk about the game and a pro came on with him.
- Madden 19 trailer came on. I can confirm it featured football.
Command and Conquer Rivals
- A real-time strategy game where you have to launch a missile or something had a “live” match on the set before they announced the title of the game.
- This is a touchscreen-based mobile game.
- The pre-alpha can be played by Android owners starting now.
- Afterward, a cinematic trailer was played, looking way more interesting than the actual game.
- Andrew Wilson came on again and rambled about stuff that was basically a thinly veiled apology for all the dumb stuff that EA did last year.
- They paired up with a few advocate groups.
- Anthem came on with an in-engine cinematic trailer, it was rather decent and made a lot of it look awfully cool.
- Andrea came back on also, Casey Hudson, Mark Darrah and from the development team.
- They all sat on chairs and turned the event into a question and answer session. Gameplay was shown as they talked about the game.
- They emphasized that the game has a single player story focus with a ton of co-op features and that it’s not really designed to be an MMO.
- Namedrop, the catalyst of the goings on in the planet is called the “Anthem of Creation”, and that it’s a bit of a post-apocalyptic world that has been ravaged by changes in wildlife and weather.
- The world is constantly changing, where the game’s world and lore can change between gameplay sessions.
- You are a mercenary that fights using the Exo suits called Javelins, you will fight an enemy faction trying to weaponize the monsters.
- Four classes were introduced, the ranger, colossus, interceptor, and storm.
- They talked about customization and said that the suits were fully customizable.
- No loot boxes or advantage microtransactions, but cosmetic microtransactions were confirmed.
- Teamwork is necessary for some missions and the multiplayer is built around fusing the experience with multi without interrupting the single-player experience.
- A long gameplay demo was shown afterward and is easily worth watching. Fake microphone chatter was NOT employed. They showed an amended version of the full trailer.
- February 22, 2019, was the release date for all platforms except Switch.
End of Showcase
- After the show they recapped themselves, hey that’s my job!
- They were going to start a live FIFA game tournament directly after, and then ending sizzle reel rolled.
TAKEAWAY: Anthem looks like the best Iron Man game we will ever get. I am absolutely non-excited for anything else. What did you like in the show? DROP THOSE COMMENTS IN.
Posted in Articles Tagged with: android, anthem, battlefield, battlefield v, battlefront, battlefront 2, comman and conquer, ea, ea games, fifa, fifa 19, iOS, madden, madden 19, mobile, NBA live, NBA live 19, ps4, sea of solitude, star wars, star wars battlefront, unravel, unravel two, unraveled, xbox