June 9th, 2018 by Kurt "Chet" Christel
- Mystery game opened with a lot of atmosphere. It was Halo Infinite.
- Phil Spencer came on rocking his jacket and t-shirt, as is expected.
- He talked about Fanfest and other charities.
- Then he said they would show off 50 games.
- 18 exclusives, 15 world premieres, but that’s usually a lie because they are almost always time.
Ori: The Will of the Wisps
- Another Ori featuring a lot more characters and a trailer was show off that featured a lot of action.
- Announced for 2019.
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
- From Software popped up, and in a while, we discovered it was a ninja/samurai flavored souls game.
- Todd Howard everyone!
- Fallout 4 added to game pass.
- Fallout 76 is a prequel to all the games.
- 4 times the size of Fallout 4, set in West Virginia.
- The cinematic trailer was unleashed in black and white.
- The game was revealed to be a PROPER Fallout sequel.
- An in-engine gameplay trailer was shown featuring a child playing around with space toys and doing cool stuff to the real world.
- Set in the same universe as life is strange.
- Free download.
- Oh look, a PS4 game on Xbox.
- A big in-engine trailer featuring a LOT of Terry Crews.
- It ironically looked like Saints Row 4.
- A bigass gameplay trailer was shown, showcasing the plot, exploration, and enemy encounters.
- Phil Spencer came back on and the brakes were put on the onslaught of trailers.
Kingdom Hearts 3
- A lot of gameplay was shown in a trailer, featuring a lot of speaking scenes from Frozen, along with confirmations of content from Wreck it Ralph, Tangled, Hercules and Toy Story.
Sea of Thieves
- Story content has been added, featuring a lengthy cutscene for a trailer.
- Cursed Sails and Sacred Seas, coming July and September.
- Same Trailer as EA press.
Forza Horizon 4
- A long trailer was shown showing multiple kinds of weather and locales.
- “Great Britain” is the location.
- The world will feature a shared world drive instead drivatars.
- The game features multiple seasons.
- You can interact with other cars from your car.
- Release date October 2nd, available on Game Pass.
- Phil Spencer came back on again, making a few boasts and talking about the new studios acquired with The Initiative, Undead Labs, Playground Games, and Ninja Theory, Compulsion games. All will now be big
We Happy Few
- Story trailer was shown off.
- Release date August 10, 2018.
- Summer 2018 was given a release date along with new game modes, maps, and DLC.
Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition
- Oh wow, a PS4 game on Xbox!
The Division 2
- A very tactical trailer was shown that featured nothing other than talking.
- It was followed up with a gameplay demo that featured a forested environment.
- It was revealed to be in DC and featured a firefight in an airplane graveyard.
- Xbox Game Pass
- Ashley Spencer introduced FastStart, a program that will install your games faster.
- She made a really awkward smile while nobody clapped.
- Games that are Xbox Exclusives will release on Game Pass same day as retail release.
- They also added many many games to the library including ESO, The Division, Fallout 4 which are available now.
Indie Game Sizzle Reel
- One of these will catch your interest.
Shadow of the Tomb Raider
- A new trailer was shown with a lot of gameplay featuring the plot, locations, and action gameplay.
- It’s not Skate 4, you guys.
- MMO trailer with many scenes.
Devil May Cry 5
- A mixed trailer and gameplay trailer showed off the short-haired new Dante from DMC. I see no way in which this will cause a commotion.
- Real Dante was shown at the end.
- This might be a Dad game.
- The devs came out to talk about it, one of them talked about the Xbox One X enhancements.
- Hideki Sagochi said it will be the “best game he’s ever made”
Cuphead The Delicious Last Course
- Coming in 2019, only a teaser was shown.
- An isometric rogue game with a whimsical fox featuring polygonal graphics.
- Afterward, Phil Spencer came out saying all the next games are world premieres.
- Trailer combining your favorite characters from many different fighting animes.
Dying Light 2
- The game had an introductory trailer that showed the setting with a bit of gameplay.
- After, the dev came out to talk about new features of the game.
- It was emphasized that the game world will have actual consequences.
- They showed a “live” gameplay demo featuring a large amount of traversal.
- Afterward, they showed a critical choice in the game that had different consequences depending on whether you side with a faction or kill them.
- Only a teaser and 2019 were shown.
Just Cause 4
- A reel full of in-game cutscenes and gameplay was shown, it’s more of the same.
Gears Pop! & Tactics & 5
- A mobile game, based on Gears of War Pop Vinyl toys, teased with a small trailer.
- After, Gears Tactics was shown, an RTS adaptation of the series.
- Then they officially announced Gears 5 and showed off a cinematic trailer.
- The cinematic trailer was very emotional if you’re invested in the franchise.
- A lot of the scenery looked spectacular too, along with some new enemy designs.
- Coming 2019.
- Big Phil came out to close the show, summarize everything, and say more random things about the company and the console.
- Big fakeout ending, as another game came out.
- We got our first real look at the game, featuring a full story trailer that showcased the setting and story.
Posted in Articles Tagged with: captain spirit, crackdown, crackdown 3, fallout 4, fallout 76, life is strange, metro exodus, Microsoft, todd howard, west virginia, xb1, xbone, xbox, xbox 360, xbox one, xbox one s, xbox one x